Slater Harrison & Co Ltd was established in 1929, by Mr C F Leigh Slater and Mr J A Harrison.
The company specialised in the making of paste boards for hand painted window bills.
During the 1930’s the company moved to Lowerhouse Mills (a former cotton mill), in the village of Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England.
In 1937 the company commissioned its first colour coating machine, beginning a journey of diversification and product innovation.
In 1941 the business was sold to LS Dixon family, a partnership that still is as strong today as it was way back then.
The 1960’s heralded a new era of innovation for Slater Harrison with the development of the global brand Day Glo, a fluorescent coating for paper and board.
In 1981 the laminated board “Colourmount” mount board was launched for the picture framing market. This successful product has grown into a global success, and is now sold in over 80 countries worldwide.
During the next decade over £3 million pounds was invested in plant, machinery and continual improvement.
In 1999 the Educraft brand was launched to service the education market.
2000 saw the launch of the Centura Pearl. A pearlised coating that has spanned all areas of the business, from envelope manufacture to Picture framing products through to Educational paper packs.
Major acquisitions undertaken with the purchase of Webmaster & Cavalier Tapes and Conversions.
In 2006 launch of decorative paper collection “Trends”
In 2008 saw Mr Carl Smallwood appointed as Managing Director.